MTF Biologics saves and heals lives by honoring donated gifts, serving patients, and advancing science.
- MTF Biologics has been involved with the recovery, aseptic processing, and distribution of bone, tendons, and ligaments since 1987, and with dermal tissue recovery, processing, and distribution since 2005.
- MTF Biologics was founded by leading academic orthopedic surgeons who identified an increasing need for high-quality allograft tissue and a means to evaluate outcomes of orthopedic allograft surgery.
- MTF Biologics was initially founded with the goal of increasing the availability of tissues, especially large grafts for orthopedic oncology, through a centralized inventory of tissues. In the ensuing years, this goal has expanded to include the development of more technologically advanced tissues, which are processed from musculoskeletal tissues, adult stem cells, and skin. Affiliations with medical device companies have offered many new opportunities to ensure that the gifts of each donor are used in the most effective way possible.
- To date, MTF Biologics has recovered tissue from over 165,000 donors. Since our inception, we have provided over 10 million allografts to surgeons, hospitals, dentists, clinicians, and their patients.
- MTF Biologics is a 501(c)(3 )non-profit organization that was incorporated on January 30, 1987.
- MTF Biologics has 48 Academic Members and recovers tissue through an extensive network of recovery organizations that include about half of the nation’s federally designated organ procurement organizations and tissue banks.
- MTF Biologics operates two tissue recovery locations in New York: Syracuse, and Rochester.
- MTF Biologics relies on three boards for governance: its Board of Directors, its Medical Board of Trustees, and its Donation Board of Trustees.
- MTF Biologics is accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and the Standards and International Standards Organization (ISO).
- MTF Biologics has the largest selection of allograft tissue in the nation with over 1000 allograft choices available.
- MTF Biologics has a customized partnership approach with organ and tissue procurement organizations.
- MTF Biologics is committed to Research and Development to ensure innovative clinical options.
- MTF Biologics provides consistent and generous support for grants, fellowships, and educational opportunities awarding about $55M through 2022 in Research Grants.
- MTF Biologics does not work with any independent, for-profit tissue recovery agencies.
- MTF Biologics is guided in all aspects of its mission by our Board of Directors, Medical Board of Trustees, and Donation Board of Trustees, not shareholders.
- MTF Biologics' donor safety criteria are among the most stringent of any tissue bank.
- MTF Biologics meets and exceeds industry, state, and federal standards and regulations.
- MTF Biologics employs an Audit Team whose sole purpose is to routinely audit our tissue recovery partners to ensure compliance with our strict standards and protocols.
- MTF Biologics does not accept donors that have been rejected by another tissue processor.